Lt Cdr Bharat Singh (05875 A)
Room No 15/15 A
Integrated Headquarters of
Ministry of Defence (Navy)
New Delhi 110011.
DO 242/ BS 24 Jan 16
Superintendent of Police
Cyber Crime Investigation Cell
Central Bureau of Investigation,
5th Floor, Block No.3,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
HACKING OF PERSONAL E- FILING INCOME TAX RETURN ACCOUNT
(BLUPS 2086J) AND OTHER ONLINE ACCOUNTS BY MRS ANNU SINGH
1. I am a serving Indian Naval officer presently posted as a Deputy Director in the Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy), New Delhi. My present appointment to Headquarters, which is a high security zone, involves dealing with confidential and sensitive official issues.
2. I am presently involved in divorce related matrimonial disputes with my wife Mrs Annu Singh, presently residing at House No. 178 Usha Nagar Extension, Indore (MP), mob: 9826637486, 8349998377. It has come to my notice that Mrs Annu Singh has illegitimately hacked into my Income Tax Return online E-Filing account uid: BLUPS2086J and accessed records of my tax returns without any permission or authorization from me. A signed document on behalf of Mrs. Annu Singh enclosing my e-filed income tax returns for assessment year 2014-15 and 2015-16 is placed at Enclosure-1. Additionally, I had found my account password changed and contact details of unknown person in my primary contact information of my ITR account, screenshot of the same is placed at Enclosure-2.
3. It, is submitted that my ITR online account has been accessed by Mrs Annu Singh and / or other people illegitimately in violation of my rights and privacy, without due authorisation and against my interest. I also fear that Mrs Annu Singh may have similarly hacked into my email account, or might have copied my mobile SIM for illegitimate and unlawful gains. It is submitted that in view of the highly sensitive nature of my official appointment, such an intrusion can be of immediate and grave security threat and hence requires swift action and thorough investigation.
4. It is requested that an FIR on the aforesaid criminal activity involving hacking of my online ITR E-fling account may please be registered, and the guilty person(s) involved in the said crime may please be prosecuted u/s 65, 66, 66B, 66C, 66D of chapter IX and XI of Information Technology (Amended) Act 2008 and other suitable acts to prevent them from causing further damage and breach of security.
5. The undersigned may please be kept informed of the action being taken and progress of investigation.
Enclosure1: Copy of Documents indicating procurement of hacked ITR by Mrs Annu Singh (five pages).
Enclosure 2: Screenshot of ITR Account primary contact information.